Abus Kransysteme, Gummersbach
A global leader, yet rooted in its home region – that is the picture ABUS Kransysteme GmbH from Gummersbach likes to present of itself. Visitors and employees enter the building through a spacious foyer that affords a view of the crane hall over several floors and impresses with its puristic and light-flooded atmosphere. raumkontor, a Düsseldorf-based firm of interior architects, used Rossoacoustic PADs combined with Nimbus project luminaires above the reception counter to optimise room acoustics and provide lighting. The designers particularly appreciated the "the successful, efficient and well-designed combination of lighting and acoustic panels." The experienced team of designers placed great importance on the honestly of the materials used in all parts of the building, selecting traditional elements with a regional character for the design of many of the interior scenarios. However their original and detail-rich reinterpretation of such elements places them firmly in the here and now. In addition to designing the interior, the firm was also responsible for the graphic design of many of the elements.
- Builder: Abus Kransysteme GmbH, Gummersbach
- Planning: Interior Design: raumkontor Innenarchitektur, Düsseldorf; Structural Design: Lindschulte Ingenieurgesellschaft mbH, Nordhorn
- Tags: Receiving Visitors,Providing Access
- Realisation: 2016
- Photographer: Hans-Jürgen Landes, Dortmund
- Project info: PDF - 654.12 kb